Terence J. Centner Agricultural & Environmental 4-H Scholarship
This fund is established by Terence J. Centner in memory of his parents, Harry E. and Mary Ellen Centner. Each scholarship will honor his parent’s dedication and hard work on their family farm in the Town of Dunkirk and their leadership activities in the Chautauqua County 4-H Program.
1. Interested students should submit the following to the Guidance Department by May 1: a
completed application, two letters of recommendation and the essay.
2. Student must meet eligibility requirements.
3. The Guidance Department should forward all applications received to the
Scholarship Fund Committee at the NCCF by May 5.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
1. Graduating seniors from Brocton, Dunkirk, Forestville, Fredonia, Ripley, Silver
Creek, or Westfield.
2. Participating members of the 4-H Program for 3 years with an outstanding
agricultural or environmental project involving gardening, horticulture, raising
food animals, conservation, forestry, environmental activities or other related
3. Students accepted to a four-year college or university.
What are the criteria for selecting the recipients?
1. Student(s) high school record.
2. Achievements in 4-H Program.
3. Prominence of the college or university attending.
4. Two letters of recommendation (one must have firsthand knowledge of
students work in 4-H).
5. Quality of essay entitled “What 4-H has meant to me as I embark on my