Chautauqua Fallen Heroes Fund Scholarship
The Chautauqua Fallen Heroes Fund was established in 2001 to benefit the
families of firefighters, police officers, EMS Personnel and other local
“uniformed heroes” who have been killed in the line of duty. To support
those who are interested in careers in public safety, scholarships will be
awarded on an occasional basis. Two (2), $500 scholarships will be awarded.
1. Interested students should complete application and submit to their
Guidance Departments by May 1st.
2. Student must meet eligibility requirements.
3. If multiple applications are received within a district, the Guidance Department should forward to the Heroes Committee the one application that best meets the criteria below. Only one application per district will be accepted and reviewed by the Heroes Committee.
4. Each Guidance Department should forward one application to the “Chautauqua Fallen Heroes Fund Committee” c/o NCCF, 212 Lake Shore Drive West in Dunkirk (14048) by May 15th.
5. Of the applications received by the deadline, two (2) recipients will be selected.
Who is eligible to apply?
1. Student must be graduating from one of the school districts within Chautauqua County
2. Student must be pursuing higher education in one of the three areas:
a. Law Enforcement (including corrections officer), b. Firefighting, or c. Emergency Medical Services.
What are the criteria for selecting the recipients?
1. Chances of success in chosen field
2. Essay (quality, neatness and sincerity)
3. Volunteer service
4. School Record
5. Financial Need