Nathan George Memorial Scholarship Fund
The Nathan George Memorial Scholarship Fund has been created in memory of Nathan
George by his parents, Sandy and David George. Their contribution represents, in part,
proceeds from the Nathan George Memorial Softball Classic, which was held 2009-2015.
“Nathan’s Story” is linked and will be shared with all awardees.
Scholarships are to benefit student athletes from Nate’s alma mater, Fredonia High
School, and Dunkirk High School. Each year one $1,000 scholarship is to be awarded to
a Fredonia student and one $500 scholarship is to be awarded to a Dunkirk student.
To be eligible, student must:
- be a Senior Rostered player on any varsity athletic team at Fredonia High School or
- Dunkirk High School
- be in good academic standing throughout high school
- be accepted at a college or university
- submit a completed application by the due date (application attached)
Awardees will be selected based on:
- letters of recommendation
- content of essays
Overall application will also be included in selection process.
Applications due by May 20th.